SLIDER

Sunday, January 8, 2017

(Just Pics) - Closeman 2016 Family Photos and Annual Letter

Anyone who knows me well knows that I look forward each Christmas to crafting our family's annual holiday letter, and that I send it out to more people than I ever imagine actually care to read it - including my 3rd grade teacher, my favorite high school Language Arts teacher, many of my mom's friends whom I don't even know ... - but I just can't help myself. This is something I believe is likely genetic and passed down from my mom. Over the years our annual holiday card has had several iterations - a newspaper format, that of a report card, a summary of monthly hits, and, of course, quotes from our Bean. This year was not much different than the last, as we again opted to triangulate our daughter and pimp her verbalizations out for our own (and others) benefit. Without further adieu ...



Well, 2016 has been a year for the books. I discovered my love for Elsa and have been singing about it ever since. I turned 4 years old in March and celebrated with an ambulance-themed party. Mama quit her VA job to go on a long walk in Spain with my Beebee. My cousin, Hazel, was born in May! Daddy, Mama, and I took an epic summer vacay we dubbed "The Uncles Tour," to Michigan and Rhode Island. We also went to Tahoe, camping, and backpacking for my very first time - I skinny-dipped and obsessed over coyotes. I was a Flower Girl and totally nailed it - 3rd time's the charm! For Halloween I dressed up as an astronaut and collected so much candy in my neighborhood. I was so patient with my parents during election season and especially the presidential debates. But I felt sad when The Mean Interrupter Guy won the contest. I LOVE Pre-K but am already excited to turn 5 and walk to Big Kid School next year. 

My parents again feel it's best to commemorate 2016 with a few of their favorite quotes, from yours truly …

"I don't think I'm gonna eat much dinner because I'm just gonna think about dessert."

"I love you 60 suns an hour and 20 moons a mile."

J: "I'm so excited to spend the whole day with you. Do you even know how excited I am?!?"
F: "I know. I knew the second I came out of your vagina."

"I just took the tiniest sip. Teenier than an ant's footprint."

On bad guys:
F: "You just back up, and back up, and move forward, and back up, and then run inside and get a gun."
A: "But you don't have a gun. Neither do I."
F: "Weeeeeellll, we could just borrow one from Beebee!"

In MI on a ferry to Mackinac Island: "Sometimes I get confused because this is a ferry and there's a fairy that flies."

With cousing, Baby Hazel: "I'm such a good big sister. I wanna be even CLOSER than sisters. Even CLOSER than twins! I think she loves me."

"My hands have powers ... fire power, ice power, unicorn power ... it's when pretend unicorns get distracted by whales."

Looking at the cereal box:
F: "So K - I - X."
J: "You got it. Kix."
F: "Wouldn't it be funny if they were called Kix Ass?" Giggle giggle.

"Why does Wonder Woman just wear underwear? Maybe it's because she gets sweaty during fly practice?"

To a toddler friend: "You can't have that, it's my dad's iPad. He uses it for going poop."

"Maybe at Christmas if my toe still hurts I can ask Santa for a cane."

“Is Santa hibernating?”

“I think Santa is nocturnal.”


Happiest of holidays to you and yours.

xoxo, Francie

***
Typically, our lovely family friend and photographer, Patti, takes our picture for us each Fall. This year, however - weekends were getting away from us, time seemed to be picking up speed with the holidays fast approaching, and I wanted to seize Shutterfly's Black Friday online sale to purchase our annual holiday cards - on Thanksgiving we got ourselves out of our pajamas and into some nicer clothes at the first hint of dry weather, and posed ourselves in front of our (neighbor's) back fence with Mimi at the helm of our nice camera. She caught a few surprisingly decent pictures in just a couple minutes, and we called it a day.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design