SLIDER

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

(59 Months) - 4 Years + 11 Months




Just one more month, excruciatingly long, if you were to ask Francie, and our not-so-little Bean will be an actual 5 year old. A portion of this last month has included our tech/tv/shopping fast, and the Bean has been a superstar. The name of the game, so to speak, this month has been ALL BOARD GAMES ALL THE TIME.

“I kinda miss being 4.” Long pause. “But I'm just so excited to be 5!”

"Mama, if I ever have a girl baby I'm gonna name it Jo."

"You are MEAN!"

Me stretching back, F hovering over my head:"I see brown hair right there. I think it might be dying. I see brown hair."

We are laying together in her bed after reading her a book, working toward her sleep. She innocently inquires about when I'll die, as she sometimes does, and talks sweetly  about how she'll be sad because she loves me too much. I assure her that I'll be a very old lady when I die, that she'll even be an old lady when I die. F: “How old were you when Grandma Nancy died?” Me: “I was 19.”She stops and thinks for a second. “But that's not very old.”“No it's not,” I turn to look in her eyes and stroke her cheek to reassure her, “but that won't happen to us.”F: “Why?”Me: “Because of the time.”F: “What's the time mean?”Me: “Well, when Grandma Nancy had cancer they didn't have all the same medicines they do now. Isn't that cool that scientists invented ways to make medicine to help people not be sick and live a long time?”F: “So they have the medicine now?”Me: “Yup, they have all the medicines.”Long pause, finally working toward sleep. “I will be very sad.” She grabs my hand. “But we'll always be together. Because of our magic string.”Me: Heart explosion. Warm fuzzies. Full bucket.F: "Is this how you're supposed to sleep?" (her arm is curled under her face). "I bet Asher sleeps like a W. Or maybe like an M. I bet Mila is already asleep."Me: "It's time for sleep now."F: "Mama, will you still be this age when I'm 5?"Me: "I sure will, for a little bit at least. But then I have a birthday and I'll be 35."

To Alex, randomly, inappropriately, while eating a meal together: “What if your penis was so long it reached across the whole table?!?”

"I like the wind. It sounds like whoo whoo. Sometimes it makes me go to sleep. it's like a lullaby. A quiet lullaby."

Playing Catan Jr. “I want gold. To keep me warm … it's lava from the sun!”

In the bath, grabbing and squeezing her little boobies, to Alex: “I think these are growing out.”

Me: Daddy is picking you up from school tomorrow.F: Why?Me: Because I have therapy, so he'll be home first. F: What's therapy?Me: You know what it is, you've known since you were little. F: No I don't. Me: I think you do, just make a guess. F: Your feelings. Me: Yup, you got it. It's like a feelings doctor. F: Does it make your feelings go away?I pause, considering that I once hoped that therapy would indeed make my feelings go away. But now, only a bit wiser and more emotionally agile, I don't feel quite so strongly about that.Me: Nope, therapy doesn't make my feelings go away. My therapist, Nalini, helps me make my feelings are really healthy and strong. Just like the regular doctor helps us keep our bodies healthy and strong.


At Pied Piper Play Cafe with Kim, Farrah, and Zev.

Marrying Uncle B in the game of Life.

Catan Junior, checked out from the game library at Thinker Toys.

Attempting to see an Elephant and Piggie show at the Beaverton City Library.

Instead, because the show was sold out, she got her first library card!

Audiobooks, saving graces for lazy parenting.

Trouble at Maplewood coffee with Beebee.

Books in bed on a Mama Day.

Even some meditation.

Bath crayons for V-Day.

A valentine card that one of the residents where I work made.

Couch cuddles

Beebee got the paper version of the NYT, and I've been practicing my mad crossword skills (and cheating both the crossword and the fast by looking up certain clues)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design