SLIDER

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

(60 Months) - 5;0 = FIVE Years Old!




 


 


We've officially got a FIVE YEAR OLD! No one is happier about it than her, as she's been talking about it for months, really.



Overall, March was a rough one at the Closeman Residence. For starters, we got sick about February 20th, and continued the trend through the entire month of March, with one of us out with a cold/norovirus in any given week. But also, Mama had some demons to battle on her own - I'm talking in the third person because then I can distance myself from said mental health bullshit. Needless to say, while her birthday itself was a joy, and we were lucky to have Mimi and Papa in town both for their company and their help, March was all around not our finest time. But I did manage to write down at least a few things she said over the month, and took some photos, too.

The following is form her well-child five year old checkup with Dr. Erin Ryan at Kaiser:
Height: 3 ft 5.75 inches (36th percentile)
Weight: 36 lbs (25th percentile)

F: Wanna play a game to see who can be the quietest?
Me: Head nod.
Pause.
F: Whoever is quietest gets to choose books.
Pause.
F: I think I was the quietest.


"Mama, I might have to roll up my sleeves when I go skating. In case I need to hold my friends hand."


Me: Oh, I'm just so proud of the person you're turning into.
F: The person I'm turning into loves the person you're gonna be.


Out of the blue she touches my face: "I don't think you're old, I think you're just right."


3 guys accepting best Oscar for makeup:
F: "that guy in the middle is funny ... (unintelligible speech) broccoli."
Me: "huh?"
F: "he must not have eaten enough broccoli when he was a kid, because now he's a grownup and he's so short. That's funny."


After the Moana song performance at the Oscars: "I don't have the voice of Moana. But it's kinda like it because it is beautiful."


Sick, watching an episode of This Is Us together, where one of the main characters is shown getting into the shower (in a perfectly appropriate way):
“That's creepy. I don't like watching other people, strangers, taking showers. It's creepy.”


Driving past the cemetery, “why do people get put under ground?”


We made cupcakes and brought them to school for Teacher Joann’s birthday, who told us she didn't think anyone had ever done that for her before.


Alex said that when she was getting tantrumy and aggressive and she tried to hit him and he held his arm out to push her away, she screamed at him, “You’re going to give me a brain injury and you don’t even care!”


Sooooooo excited for her 5th birthday. “It’s my birthday next month … it’s my birthday this month … it’s my birthday next week … this is the last Monday I’ll be five.”


To everyone we see: “Today is my birthday! I'm FIVE!”


“I think because I'm an Oregon girl, the sun chose to come out for my birthday.”


“I don't really feel FIVE.”


“I don't even have to hide any fingers.”

This month she wrapped up her gymnastics class at Garden Home Rec Center on Thursday evenings, where she did not learn to do a cartwheel like she had planned. And she also finished her woodworking class with Beebee at the Multnomah Arts Center where she learned to use real tools and made a chalkboard.



Beebee has been bringing the NYT over, and I've been doing the crosswords, which she always wants to "help" with. So I direct her to the number puzzles and she practices adding.

I took Francie and Mila to the preschool skate at Oaks Park. Holy flashback to 1990.

These ladies started with the real roller skates, but we downgraded to the ones that go over your shoes and I was able to have my own limbs back.

Francie made this "airplane" for Logan and wrote his name - all by herself just by sounding it out! Folks, we have a budding reader/writer.

I was temporarily in possession of a pediatric language assessment before needing to return it to Pacific, and I couldn't resist giving some of it to Francie. I wish I wasn't this kind of person, but I was oh-so-pleased to see she was in the 98th percentile for one of the subtests.

Children's Museum, photo credit @ Beebee, titled "Warrior Princess."

It happened to be International Women's Day, she independently chose her Wonder Woman costume, and we had a great Mama Day together, including a jaunt to the play boutique in LO.

Baking cupcakes for Teacher Joanna's birthday.

Beauty and the Beast Jr play at Alpenrose. Francie literally chose Alex's outfit, bolo tie and all.

Another independent attempt at writing. Translation - "Please do not enter. xoxo. heart heart"

At the play.

This was at the Beaverton City Library, and I not only thought it was fitting, but love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design