SLIDER

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ahoy, Matey


To honor the 10-year-old poet in me, I would like to use this space to recite a poem I wrote in 4th grade while dining at Old Wives' Tale on East Burnside. And to accompany this original piece, a photograph of my love, on his 12-foot Blue Jay this afternoon on Lake Tahoe.

Ahem.

Sailing
By Joanna Hartman, circa 1992

sailing, sailing, on the sea
look at the seagull, looking at me
look at the boats, sitting on the water
bobbing up and down, like a child's teeter-totter
sailing, sailing, on the sea
won't you come, and sail with me?

Why I have this memorized, two decades later, I will never know. But it may have been the beginning (and end) of a burgeoning writing career.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design