SLIDER

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Drop It Like It's Hot (36)

Or, 36 Weeks.

People at work have been telling me that my belly appears to have dropped a bit. I'm not body aware enough to even notice. And breathing is still a task, so she mustn't have dropped all that low.

I feel like I might have doubled in size in the last week or so. My belly definitely feels huge and unwieldy. Unfortunately my pants and even maternity tops are feeling too snug for my liking. I'm starting to worry a bit about the whole weight-loss thing. What if it's too much work and I just abandon it? I have developed a few bad eating habits during this pregnancy, such as indulging 95% of my whims. Not because I feel entitled to eat for two, but simply because I don't feel like fighting myself anymore. Which has been very freeing. But not so good for the size and shape of my waist, butt, and thighs.

I've been feeling on and off a little bit sorry for myself this week. I feel tired and that makes me feel sorry for myself. And then when I think about staying home with the baby, I feel sorry for myself because I'm going to wish Alex was home too. And then I feel EXTRA sorry for myself when it comes time to think about going back to work full time - during my favorite season of the year - while my handsome husband stays home with the baby, basking in the sun and going for multiple daily walks and hanging out in the yard without me. Woe is me.

We had our doula, Melissa, over for dinner the other night. I'm pleased we decided to hire her. For whatever reason, it helps take a bit of the stress off, just to know we have someone there, on our team, who knows a bit more about what's going on than we do. Plus she brought me a chocolate bar. What can I say, I'm easy.

I'm glad we've gone for the ninja outfits in most of these pictures, because believe it or not, the black is doing me a slimming favor. And since we no longer have a computer with Photoshop, it's all I have to rely on.

Alex is adorable and I love him. This morning he said, "Can we please take her out? For just a minute? I'm too excited!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design