SLIDER

Friday, May 3, 2013

Veggin' Out

Guess who has two (hopefully green) thumbs and planted her first veggie garden? This girl!! With Alex laid-up, I've got to step up my game and pull my weight - and his - around here. And that means manual labor. I finished digging one (half) of a trench in the front, poured dirt, planted gladioli, poured more dirt, and watered. Then I poured even more dirt, planted three different tomato plants, a bean plant, and two lettuces. Alex took a photo so I could show my dad, for evidence.

To say I'm pleased with myself is an understatement.

"I'm proud of you," Alex says, thanking me.

Music to my ears.



We've enjoyed the recent streak of beautiful sunny days and warm weather, if Alex has to convalesce, outside on the chaise lounge soaking in that long-lost Vitamin D is the best way to do it. That, and watching our little neked Bean explore the yard. That girl looooooooves to be outside.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design