SLIDER

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Simple Living With Wanda Urbanska



Originally I had planned to spend each of the four weeks this month thinking about different aspects of simple living, categories including finances, food, technology, and time. Instead, though, I've turned to the pages of the simple living guru's book, The Heart of Simple Living, and her seven tenets:

1. The path to financial independence
2. The path to meaningful work
3. The path to housing happiness
4. Reclaim homemaking
5. Back into the kitchen
6. Beating a path to the garden
7. Reclaiming ritual and community for life

I will instead use her book as an outline for how I will think, and thus blog, about these aspects of simple living. Being that our family's lives seem to have been a bit complicated this last week, with Alex having returned to work + coaching soccer, and the Bean now attending daycare thrice weekly, I haven't kept the pace I intended while pondering these simple living philosophies. It's not that I haven't thought obsessively or spoken incessantly about the financial components of simple living, but I just haven't had the time to organize my thoughts in an attempt at cohesion on paper in the past week. And since I don't want to skip over anything or miss anything obvious while I'm dedicating my "free time" to thinking about these principle, I'm pulling on the reigns and will slow my intended speed. SO bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design