SLIDER

Monday, December 12, 2016

(Stuff Jo Made) - Gratitude Tree




I am not sure where I got the inspiration, but this year kicked off our first annual "Gratitude Tree." Initially, I bought a fancy branch/tree thing from the craft store to make our tree. But then I remember that we're on a tighter budget, and, can't I find real branches in my yard anyway?!? I used a vase we already had, sand that I collected this summer from the Oregon coast, and found some branches in our yard. I dug up a bunch of clothespins, found decorative scrapbooking paper, and traced/cut out several leaves. Although we were not successful at discussing daily all the things we were grateful for, it certainly did make for a nice November tradition. I am always looking for ways to model and teach our daughter kindness, compassion, gratitude, etc., and this seemed like one good avenue. It was something she got excited for every evening at dinner (although she seemed most excited to just practice her writing, and less excited to actually listen to what Alex or I had to say about our own experiences and gratitude).

Some of the things we said/wrote on the leaves:

- an hourly wage that justifies working weekend days
- Daddy love
- nice Mama
- Beebee's help and support
- Pantsuit Power
- many years of good health
- young wisdom
- a job that matters
- best friend Mila
- a wonderful therapist
- sleeping in
- the love in my life
- days with my Little Bear
- park, sleep, friends
- cafes and writing
- our castle
- human connections
- family support to attempt to write daily
- egg sandwiches
- friends and movies
- Me Time
- friends, forts, and Daddy
- bacon
- Mama Days
- playdates and family dinners
- my voice





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design