SLIDER

Sunday, December 17, 2017

(68 Months) - 5;8




Quotes and notes from the month ...

5;8
“You know what Natalie and I do when Owen is being mean to me? We teach him a lesson.”
???
“When he's mean, we're nice, to teach him a lesson.”


Allllllmost asleep:
“You know who I want to marry? I want to marry a donut. And I would dress my donut in some fancy clothes!”


B/Z/Hazelin town and F loooooooooves (aka harasses) her cousin.


I was complaining about being pregnant and nobody taking care of me. Alex offered to make me food, go get me something to drink, or draw me a bath of Epsom salts. Francie proceeded to, literally, draw me a bath. Then she drew the whole bathroom. And herself in the tub.


Halloween - Pegasus unicorn, 3+ streets trick or treating; candy in the evening coupled with tiredness leads to tantrums!


“Quiet coyote” signs


Parent-teacher conference with Ms Thomas

School pics returned


Mama: How was QT? Did you play Legos?
Francie: Yeah, but I got frustrated.
Mama: What do you do when you're frustrated?
Francie: Sometimes I just work it out. And sometimes I just play with something else.


Discovered Hangman, thanks to Uncle B

Continued fascination with Africa ...
Mama: Why might Ethiopians only eat with their right hand?
Francie: Uh, because maybe they want to look at their phones with their other hand?


And later, “you know, Hazel eats like an Ethiopian all the time!”


Mimi and Papa visit while Mama is at ASHA conference in LA


Mama got the stomach flu :(


On Grandpa John’s bday, Daddy was telling Francie about the family tradition of having beer and ice cream, describing what a great guy his Irish grandfather was:
“Back in the day, was he the head of the goofball club?”


“This is how a robot does the dab.”

Monday morning eating cereal: “I wish my whole life was a weekend.”

Photos and memories from the month ...


Sporting her Mama's Amish-style dress from the 1980s.

Favorite park trees - if you look closely you can see that from left to right they are exactly positioned like stages of autumn - the ones on the far left is nearly out of its leaves, the one on the far right is still green, and everything in between is, well, in between

Cousin Hazel in town from Colorado!

Uncle B reading to the girls.

Cousin PJ play.

A day off from school and at the zoo.

Sweet cousin love.

Bathtime for Hazel and Francie.

Mama babysits - with the help of Moana.

Auntie Love!

B, Z, and Hazel took a trip to Cannon Beach.

Uncle Alex plays guitar for the girls post-bath time.

Somebody found a good hiding spot to eat another apple!

Apple eaters.

Matching dresses in the fall sunshine.

Hazel, Uncle B, Alex, Francie and Beebee

Cousin Moana cuddles

Pumpkin carving with my two loves

Except I'm not carving, but just sitting there instead

Painting a sugar skull from Beebee.

Halloween porch decor.

The "Pegasus unicorn" family

Francie and Hazel as unicorn cousins

And Beebee as the scariest monk ever; we even heard little kids who wouldn't come to the porch to get candy from him.

That time Francie literally "drew Mama a bath"

Fall "hike" - about 3 miles in the park off 45th on the way to the freeway

Comparing kindergarten school photos!

Francie's kindergarten school photo = perfection

Some morning work from Ms. Thomas's class.

Rachel and me enjoying our fancy hotel - and room service - at the ASHA conference in LA.

When we got to see, Katie, too!

And Miss Hannah May, too!!

Rach and Hannah at donuts (even though I was already on the plane taking my uncomfortable pregnant ass back to PDX).

Meanwhile, at home, Mimi and Papa helped Francie and Alex hold down the fort.

Francie met Moana and learned to hula at Thinker Toys in the Village.

Naps are kinda my jam. Thankfully Francie enjoys listening to audio stories so I can laze around.

A good reminder to calm my nerves about having kids 6 years apart.

This lady sure is wild and spunky.

And bound to be a feminist, thanks to her parents.

These are Francie's "emoji" drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design