SLIDER

Sunday, June 22, 2014

(27 Months) - 2 Years and 3 Months



For the Bean's 27 monthday, I compiled "A Day in the Life" from her perspective ...

6:30 a.m.
I'm calling for mama from my crib. It's daddy's turn to get me, so mama can sleep a bit longer. But I barfed all over my crib and now it is matted in my hair and I have poop in my diaper, so they are both attending to me quite nicely.



I know I threw up, but I actually seem to feel just fine. "Want Cheerios!"

6:38 a.m.
Because of that barfing business, I get a morning bath with Daddy! I'm really into laying on my back with my ears under water. I've also taken to touching my "'gina" a lot. Mama once said "please don't touch yourself in public, you can touch your vagina in the bath." So I do.




I found my daycare neenie and my parents won't take it away right now because I got sick. 

7 a.m.
I might have barfed, but I feel totally energetic. I prefer Daddy today, so insist that he read me Big/Little while I climb all over him. Next up, Once Upon a Potty for Girls, I like that silly Prudence girl.

7:10 a.m.
I finally get my Cheerios, and hum while I eat them. 

"Barf in bed. Okay now."

"Show mama. Finished it all."

"That burp. 
Turn on light. 
That light. 
Turn on light. Up. 
Off. On. Off. On off."

7:20 a.m.
Daddy's running, and because Mama is so tired, we watch almost 15 minutes of Sesame Street together on the couch, before I lose interest. This might be a TV record for me.

7:50 a.m.
Mama is napping, and Daddy and I eat a second bfast of waffles, look at pictures on the iPad, fix my ukelele, and daddy plays guitar.

9:45
Family walk to coffee shop. Not the close one where I ate that tiny cookies, but far away, so I ride in the stroller. "Mama push you." I still get my pronouns confused, you=me and vice versa.




10:45 a.m.
This isn't just any coffee shop, but an actual restaurant. When Mama's food arrives, I say, "Um, have some ice cream some egg." Turns out Mama isn't eating ice cream for breakfast, but cottage cheese.




11:20 a.m.
We stop by the local bookstore, and I touch my sticky food-fingers to all the grown-up books. Then I discover the kid section.







Mama: "You know who loved books?"
Me: "Grandma Nancy!"

I make Mama read to me lots. And then Daddy too. I choose one book I've never read and two books I already own (Goodnight Gorilla and Baby Beluga).

Mama: "Almost time to go."
Me: "Nooooo. Stay at coffee shop."
Mama: "This is a bookstore, but you want stay here?"
Me: "Yeah."
Mama: "Forever?"
Me: "Yeah."
Mama: "But we need to walk home soon."
Me: "Nooooo. Live at bookstore."

12 p.m.
Walking home, but I don't want to ride in the stroller. I see a cool frog I want to give a kiss.


"There's my water. There's my sunnies."

12:15 p.m.
I'm ready for a nap but my bed is not made so Mama is fixing all my sheets from the wash. Daddy has been my BFF all morning but now I want Mama. "Mama milk!"

1230 p.m.
We read the baby color book again - I'm loving this one right now. And then I'm ready for mama milk. My parents keep talking about some kind of weaning business, but I cry so loud I can't really hear them. 



And I'm out like a light and in my crib by 1245 p.m.

2 p.m.
"Daddy! Daddy! ... I'm wet."
Mama gets me from my crib, but I want to see daddy in the basement. I took a nap one hour shorter than they expected. Wahaha. 



My hair still smells like barf even though Daddy washed it twice.  Maybe I'm hiding the stench in one of my lingering neck folds. 

I demand more reading, choosing the chapter books that are on the top shelf. "Get bigger, read that one."

I play a bit, undressing the baby to change her poopy diaper, and a quick tea party with Daddy.



2:30 p.m.
Grocery store time. I want to wear my sandals and mama won't get off blogging on her phone to help me. Yet she says we are in a hurry. 

I tell Daddy "Want bacon" when we pass the butcher and make him proud.



I get a "bar" for being good listener at the store.



3:30 p.m.
Just enough time for a quick snack of bar and strawberries before I "Go airport" with Mama to pickup Anna and Cora. I talk to Mama the whole long drive.

"What you doing mama?"
"Why?"
"Show mama. All gone strawberries. Show mama."
"What doing mama?"
"Do work. I busy right now."
"Francie busy right now. Do work."

Me: "Where my sunnies?
Mama: "At home."
Me: "Why?"
Mama: "They're in the stroller."
Me: "Want sunnies. Want sunnies. Want sunnies."

Me: "What doing mama?"
Mama: "I'm having gum. 
Me: "Why?"
Mama: "Because I like it."
Me: "See?" 
Mama shows me.
Me: "See?"
Mama shows me again.
Me: "See?"
Mama: "Ok, last time thought."
Me: "Not very nice mama."

Mama: "You see the river over there?"
Me: "That Mimi Papa."

Me: "What noise?"
Mama: "Siren."
Me: "See siren."
Mama: "All went by so fast it's gone now."
Me: "Help buddy sick."

5:45 p.m.
Finally home with my old/new friend, Cora. I like showing her my kitchen and shopping cart. 


6ish p.m.
Dinner time. White bean and chicken chili. And cornbread. I like cornbread.


7 p.m.
Bath time, although my hair STILL smells like puke. 

7:30 p.m.
Night night time. Read Goodnight Gorilla and Baby Beluga.  Yet again.



7:40 p.m.



*****
And because this post wasn't long enough, a few of my favorite photos from the last few weeks:
















http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sknuk23420&feature=share&list=UUuoTzNNHe2AbJHb13pQFL4w&index=4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK96U9FCvmg&list=UUuoTzNNHe2AbJHb13pQFL4w&feature=share&index=2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfXFaQZOCuw&list=UUuoTzNNHe2AbJHb13pQFL4w&feature=share&index=3

1 comment:

  1. Francie here - it should be noted, for the record, that this is the first time I've watched TV in months. Seriously, I've seen probably 90 minutes of TV collective in my whole life. It just happened that on a day I'm keeping record, I do in fact watch TV. But my mama wouldn't want me to think that I grew up as a toddler on TV. I seriously don't. At least, not yet.

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design