SLIDER

Sunday, June 15, 2014

WR 2014



Last weekend I attended my college reunion. Ten years. Like, whoa. My dad: "I saw a photo of you and your girlfriends on Facebook; you guys look old." Me: "Like, old old? Or just, our age old?" Him: "Just your age. But older."

That said, it was such a blast to see my best college ladies again. We haven't been all together since last May, when we allowed our husbands and babies to join our annual Women's Retreat (WR) for a long weekend in Hood River. This year, we coordinated our WR with our 10-year reunion at University of Puget Sound. We only attended the reunion picnic, and otherwise spent our time eating and chatting at Gretchen's parents' condo in Seattle. It was a bit weird being on campus again; I'm not one to have gone back many times since graduation. When we checked in for the BBQ, I was handed a business envelope. My stomach dropped because I was afraid I was getting a late notice or some alternative college loan bill that I had somehow overlooked. Turns out it was just my ticket to partake in the TERRIBLE food that was available to the alum - I opted out of the: fried chicken, sweaty burger patties, and sun-soaked potato salad, for fear of spending my evening in the condo bathroom.

Three of my girlfriends are pregnant right now with their second baby - Gretch is some 28 weeks along, Amy is 20 weeks, and Stac is 18 weeks. Stacy's line for the weekend, upon others scanning our bellies - "It's not contagious."

It's hard to get a good group photo together when there's no one to take it, but boy did we try ...



Gretch, Amy, Anna, Stacy


Stacy and Anna

Anna, Stacy, Amy, and Gretchen

Jo, Anna, Stac, Amy, and Gretch


I was spoiled because I stole Stac for a quick visit before we drove up to Seattle together. But man, I never can get enough of that girl. We were mutually unsatiated by our brief time together. Despite our Colorado/Oregon distance, I am so grateful that our friendship transcends proximity and quantity of time. But I do wish our girls could grow up together. Of course we think they ought to be BFF's. Whenever Stac is around I think Alex re-considers the idea of us taking on a Sister Wife. But if we can't have Stacy or Rach, we don't want anyone. 

Mama kisses at our local park

Auntie Stacy love

UPS picnic

WR + AMPM

We just keeping adding girlfriends.

It wasn't, in fact, an all girls school.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design