SLIDER

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Things I'm Loving Right Now

Hank Moody. Always and forever. Hank Moody, I'm all yours. Alex and I argued the other night about who was more Hank (it's a tie, muthafukkas!) We aren't quite through the final season of Californication yet, but any day now. And I will cry.

My new iPhone case. Alex discovered this Indiana-based company, Carved, and ordered himself a wooden case. I was on the hunt for something, like, less than five dollars, and couldn't find anything even way outside my price range that was either slim enough or that I liked enough to bother with. I checked out the Carved webpage and love this wooden world map. For a time in my life where travel adventures are limited, I can still enjoy a nice map.



Jenny Slate. Just watched the movie Obvious Child, and I'm pretty sure we should be friends. And I also learned she's the one behind Marcelle the Shell With Shoes On

Brainstorming #youknowyoureinyour30swhen via text with my BFFs. 

This hoodie from Nordstrom. If I come into some money anytime soon, I might have to invest in the black one, too.

Starting my Christmas shopping. I've already ordered some books from Scholastic, been pinning ideas on Pinterest for DIY gifts for the grandparents, and started making my list (and checking it twice) of good ideas for the fam.

Picking my face. Jeeesuz, I can't stop picking. Alex told me I look like I got hit with a shotgun. Thank goodness our family pics aren't scheduled until next weekend.

Receiving several matted photos from my brother and his wife, Zahavah, from their wedding in September.

(Alex: "Look at my stocky little woman. You're not as stocky as your dad's tie, if that's any consolation.")

Top 40 songs including: "Don't" by Ed Sheeran "2 On" by Tinashe and "Take Me to Church" by Hozier.

A new book about trauma called The Body Keeps the Score. I had read about the book in this NYT piece a few months ago, and then was recommended the again the other week. I love the scientific, yet holistic approach to defining and treating trauma, and differentiating between a single traumatic incident and "developmental" or "chronic" trauma.

Toddler haircuts. And conditioner. Our Bean's been sporting something of a rat's nest since actually growing hair at the ripe old age of 2 years. We took her to the fancy Sit Still salon in West Linn for a little love for her locks, and they recommended, to our surprise, conditioner. Why hadn't I thought of that?!? And they also did her hair in this cute little braid that I have failed to re-create effectively.


Fantasizing about signing the Bean up for ballet. Leotards, tutus and tights on a chubs little Bean? I die. I'm thinking classes and the outfit might have to be my Christmas present to her.

"Wild" about Cheryl Strayed. Alex and I had a random date night on Tuesday to hit up the downtown REI for a special event featuring a book signing by Strayed. Also, Alex won us tickets to an early screening of the Reese Witherspoon movie that premieres next month. When it was my turn to get my book signed, I wanted to be all "MY mom died too! I want to write this kind of story, too!" and be besties with the lady, but instead I played it cool, saying a composed "Thanks" and moving on. 



Fridays with Friends. Rach and I are teaching a "Talk With Me" class through the West Linn Parks and Rec district, for caregivers and their toddlers, about fostering speech-language in their kiddos. Our kiddos, on the other hand, get a fun morning all together at Shanon's. And then we continue the fun friend festivities at the Menne household and take advantage of the fact that our kids now entertain each other and we are free to chit-chat the morning away.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design