SLIDER

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pac City

This weekend was one of those times where I consistently felt like my heart might burst open with all the love and joy I was feeling for my beautiful little family. Perusing social media on Thursday or Friday, I was inspired by a friend's trip to the coast to enjoy the un-seasonal sunshine and warmth, and somewhat impulsively booked us an overnight at a hotel in Pacific City. It turned out to be JUST what the doctor ordered, not that I was even aware that I was in need of doctor's orders. Alex attended the memorial service of one of his students who was killed in the car crash a few weeks before, and then we beelined for the Oregon coast with hopes of catching the sunset over the Other Haystack Rock. We put our toes in the sand and watched the sun set over the Pacific Ocean, and waited hours (literally) for a mediocre dinner at Pelican Brewery, where Francie was her inordinately charming self. Our hotel was a bust, and I was acutely aware of how I've misplaced my sense of (mis)adventure - worried more about getting bedbugs or contracting an STD that finding the humor is the terrible decor and the stained linens. Alex and Francie didn't seem to mind, and promptly fell asleep in the lumpy bed next to me. Sunday morning was very, very chilly, and we had a wonderful breakfast at a new-to-us restaurant, Grateful Bread, and then hit the beach around 11 a.m. (daylight savings time). We spent the next several hours enjoying the clear blue skies and sunshine, playing the sand, exploring the tide pools, watching the cars drive on the sand and the fishing boats beaching themselves. Numerous times I felt as though I could hardly stop myself from blowing my emotional load all over Alex and the Bean's face (too much?!?) Sometimes it sure is nice to just do what you feel like doing when you feel like doing it with the people you love most, and when all the stars just seem to align to make for a perfect little weekend. Thanks, stars.


Family roadtrip selfie.

Mama and her Bean.

A silhouette.






Family time.

I love this candid photo. Although can you call it candid if you're taking it yourself?

Sunset.

Sand castles.

Tide pools.

Someone always finds a way to get nakie.

This girl was made for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design