SLIDER

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Stop Crying

"At least we know she stops crying eventually," is something I never pictured myself saying.

So yeah, we're back on the sleep train, so to speak.

Last night, for the third night in a row, the Bean slept in no longer than 15 to 75 minute increments. Last night I got fed up enough at 4 am that I just woke up for the day, cuddled and shooshed Francie, and laid her down in her crib. Where she proceeded to cry. For an hour and a half. I mostly sat with her, letting her replace her own Soothie, placing my hand on her stomach in attempt to comfort her. I occasionally went back into my room, where I maniacally folded laundry and rearranged piles to distract myself, checking back on her every 5 to 10 minutes. So are we now sleep trainers? Are we proponents of the cry-it-out method? Absolutely not. However, we are proponents of sleep - both the baby's and our own. And co-sleeping appears to have come to its end. This mama has got to get enough shut eye so at the very least I'm safe to commute to work. (for two more days only!)

Watching her in her crib, when she was finally peacefully asleep at 5:30 am, I already longed to cuddle in bed with her, already missing nursing and snuggling and sleeping together. This ain't gonna be easy-peasy. And 7 Eleven will continue to profit from my caffeine addiction (who doesn't love gas station machine coffee?!?)

In other news, Francie ate peas today and liked them. And also discovered vagina during her bath tonight. Mine, not hers. While chewing on her rubber duckies, literally at the moment I finished asking Alex about why he doesn't ever bathe with her - "is it weird for you or something?" - she reaches her chubby little hand out and grasps for my pubes. "Yeah, it might be weird for me," Alex finishes.

1 comment:

  1. ! I asked the same thing of Zach?! Then Hunter did the exact same thing!!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design