SLIDER

Thursday, April 30, 2015

(Week 1) - I *May* Be Grateful

In an effort to foster more gratitude, kindness, mindfulness and thus contentment, I am trying to incorporate a daily family conversation of such nature. In case you think this is beautiful and poetic and enlightened, you ought to know that I had to put a reminder in my iPhone. How 21st century Buddha of me.

Today I feel grateful for ...

5/1/15
My amazing neighborhood/neighbors. My heart feels happy seeing our neighbor kids playing all together in the street and various driveways/bikes/scooters/hoses. 

That everything went swimmingly with the Bean's dental fillings this morning. 

My husband's good mood, productive grading day, and kindness with me in my perpetual funk. 

5/2/15
The sunshine. Seriously, amazeballs, as the Bean would say. 

Waking up (at nearly 9, no less), to Francie saying cheerfully, "good morning my sunshine."

Going for a solo walk through Gabriel Park in the sun. 

Funny friends - a night at the Hubbards. 

5/3/15
Can I say I'm grateful for sunshine three days in a row? Because I am. And how about long walks alone in the sunshine? Same thing. So grateful. 

Eating yummy breakfast with my dad, husband and daughter in Hillsfake. Going to the farmers market. Having my dad plan and cook for us every Wednesday. 

Watching the Bean get more brave and learn to ride her scoot bike. 

A husband making a hard decision.

5/4/15
A new pair of contacts. Min even still wearing them at 9 at night. 

The second night of no TV. Alex is finishing up a class, so we've committed to no tv at least Monday's and Tuesday's. 

The patience to wait out the Bean's bedtime tantrum and feel live and compassion for her emotional learning curve. 

Alex allowing me to skip the dinner I made in order to use the elliptical and watch "Secrets and Lies."

5/5/15
Access to a wonderful therapist for only $10/session. 

Leftover chili and cornbread. Mama didn't feel like cookin'. 

5/6/15
It's my Friday!

I enjoyed all my patients at work. And my late afternoon latte. 

5/7/15
A good "mama day" with cuddles, play time, a hair cut, visit to daddy, and biking with the neighbors. 

The Bean's first big girl haircut - an adorable bob that reminds me of Scout. 

Crockpots. Because I felt proud that I made an easy least dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design