SLIDER

Saturday, June 6, 2015

(39 Months) - 3 years + 3 months


Francie's "monthday" was the day we flew to Ireland. I'd been composing this blog post for the last month, but hadn't had a chance to publish until now. At 3 years + 3 months she is on both extremes of the parenting continuum - the good is great and the bad is significantly difficult. Of course, as I sit to record this in writing, nothing but rave reviews come to mind. But really, she's a roller-coaster of challenges.

A few anecdotes/details/quotes ...

Tantrums of epic proportions. Total case of nighttime FOMO (fear of missing out). 

Uses AJ as a measuring stick, as in, "when I'm as big as AJ I can reach that," or, "is this as big as you or as big as AJ?"

Really good at writing the letter "F."

Spells her name (verbally, not in writing). "F, R, A, N, C, I, E."

Mostly dropped naps, except at daycare or in the car.

"Hey mama you know what? Pigs are made of bacon."

Aggressive behavior, e.g. hitting, pinching, biting us (mostly me) in an impulsive, mean way; including her most epic meltdown yet with public displays of physical aggression (Baker and Spice, it might be a while before we return).

Her concrete thinking and language development is apparent and adorable ...

Me: "Francie, you exhausted me today. I'm pooped."
Her: "In your undies?"

Confused by the phrase:
"Jump in the shower?"

Grown-up convo re: Raffi
"Yeah, Raffi was so hot then."
"He should go in the shade!"

Francie, to Vivi, both nakie and getting ready for a bath together:
"We have, like, the SAME body!"

At dinner on the back deck:
"Mama can I have your corn? I don't like mine because it doesn't have any corns left."

To Alex on a weekend:
"Before I nap you and mommy should try to make a baby."

Ladies and "mens."

While reading a story before bedtime, "I wish I was an acrobat. I wish there was another person on my head."

Her, laying on me, cudding:
Her: "We're making a baby."
Me: "No, we're not."
Her: "Do we lay on each other to make a baby?"

She seems to have two gears - one when she's a mute gaper with her fingers in her mouth, or the other where she's a total ham relishing all the attention and making people laugh. 

She's developed what I've come to call the "orphan trait," that I'm aware I've always had. For me, I thought it was a product of my childhood, having a sick mom and all. Turns out it's actually just genetic. The "orphan trait" refers to this interest/comfort in pursuing other people's homes/families/grandparents. For example, at Harlow's birthday party Francie saw Harlow and Monrow sitting with their Papa and YaYa. At one point Francie said, "I want to go sit there" and slid herself on YaYa's lap.

And several of my favorite photos from the last month or so ...

Taking a walk home from Multnomah Village.

Zoo day with Max and Logan.

Sleepyheads.

No more naps. Attempts at "quiet time."

Big girl on the tire swing.

Eating dinner and playing with their toys at Beebee's.

Couch cuddles.

Nakie mama kisses.

Beautiful girl.

Ice cream date!

Flipflops and the wrong feet.

She LOVES the mannequins at Old Navy.

Harlow's birthday bounce house.

All smiles with the clown at Harlow's 4th birthday.

Party gals.

Francine and Harlow in matching party dresses.

Francie and Laura in the tent in the backyard.

Who is putting who to bed?

Kinny gets a bath.

And the inappropriate language ensues.

Wagon ride.

My Bean.

Who's belly is bigger? Francie and nextdoor neighbor Lisa.

Safety glasses, hearing protection, and a baby to help Daddy and Beebee in the basement.

Licking the dessert plate clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design