SLIDER

Saturday, June 6, 2015

(Stuff Alex Did) - WLHS 2015 "Distinguished Teacher" Graduation Speech




I'm hard to please - highly critical, cynical, and skeptical. I tend to expect the bad and question the good. I don't rain flowery compliments. I've been accused of having a "sharp tongue." Yet somehow this bulldog of a wife married a golden retriever puppy of a husband. He needs ear scratches, belly rubs, and praise, and I often forget/neglect to care for my loving best friend.

(Feel bad for Alex yet? Well, imagine being me. Its even harder to please myself, and I'm my own toughest critic. )

All that said, when I do dole out the compliments, it means something. So to say I was impressed and proud of Alex for his "Distinguished Teacher" speech at West Linn High School's graduation on Monday - and not just because he faced a serious fear of public speaking, but because he did so and TOTALLY KILLED IT - is not run-of-the-mill wifely flattery. In addition to writing and delivering a stellar speech, I was also proud that THE STUDENTS VOTED HIM TO SPEAK AT THEIR GRADUATION, as in, the WLHS Class of 2015, too, knows and respects what a bad-ass, dedicated, inspiring educator Mr. Close is.

As the Bean would say, "Nailed it!"

And here is the link, for those who prefer to watch in YouTube.

1 comment:

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design