SLIDER

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year 2013

Doesn't 2013 sound like the future?!? In the case, the future is here.

I'd like to proclaim 2012 as the best year yet. But based on the fact that each of the past 9 months has somehow gotten increasingly more fun, I have high hopes for 2013 as well. It will be a year that includes my baby's first birthday; the birth of my college BFF's daughter and my high school BFF's second son; the marriage of Katie and Scott; my dad's 70th birthday and my father-in-law's 60th birthday; my first year as a regular, non-student non-fellow SLP. And these are just the things that I know are to come. Plenty of unknown adventures also await me.

Highlights from the last year most obviously include the birth of my daughter, whom I never would have known was the missing piece to my puzzle. And everything from the year pales in comparison, but has been 99.8% fun as well. We've settled in and nested in our new house. We got lots of good family time with the parents/new-grandparents, and even some sibling love too. we have good friends, near and far. And Alex is gainfully employed. What more could we ask for?!? Well, a new car, maybe. And a much more sizable savings account. A magic sleep solution. And maybe a teleporting superpower.

With the new year comes new resolutions. But who am I kidding?!? Every morning I resolve to eat less and exercise more, spend less and save more. Since those aren't working out so great for me, I'm changing things up this year. I resolve to continue doing the good things I'm doing - like spending lots of quality time with my baby and husband, regularly walking the dog at least twice a day, taking pictures and writing blog posts and making memories, keeping in good touch with my BFF's and college girlfriends,

We celebrated the New Year with friends with kids. We hosted an early dinner party with Alex's delicious chili and cornbread. Let's just say I passed out at 9:30 (as in fell asleep) while trying to put a very wired baby to bed, and woke up just past midnight to my very drunk husband and his buddies making noise and drinking (more and more beer) on the back deck. Oh yeah, and I never changed out of my sweats.

Also, we got to spend a few days with the Franzke clan at our place. Gus and Francie worked on their budding romance (although this mama is not a fan of "Francie Franzke") as the Bean dropped open mouthed kisses like it was hot. Too cute.

Wishing for continued good health, lots of laughter, more good times with my fun friends and fam, and maybe a bit more sleep in the new year.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design