SLIDER

Monday, February 2, 2015

(Forks Over Knives) - Weeks #3 & #4


Alex:
Energy Level = 7
Sleep Quality = 5
Exercise = 4
Time Management = 8
Adherence to F/K Plan = 7
Ease of F/K Plan = 8
Participation in Cooking = 8
Joy of Cooking = 6
Joy from Food = 4
Self Image = 5
"Life Snapshot" = 8
Comments: "I noticed very little difference in how I feel this month. The eating and cooking improved as the month went by, but it's obvious to me why we cook with fat and animal products - because it tastes fucking good."

Jo:
Energy Level = 7
Sleep Quality = 7
Exercise = 6
Time Management = 8
Adherence to F/K Plan = 7
Ease of F/K Plan = 7
Participation in Cooking = 7
Joy of Cooking = 4
Joy from Food = 6
Self Image = 6
"Life Snapshot" = 7
Comments: I definitely didn't follow anything to perfection, and had days that included blatant cheats and I didn't really feel badly about it until confessing all my animal product sins (right now).


I would say, overall, we didn't really notice much by way of a difference, in either the positive or the negative. According to our very non-scientific and subjective data, our feelings on everything at each snapshot point were variable. In other words, there were no true "trends." I have no intention of remaining without animal products in my diet, but would prefer that we maintain some of the changes, such as not always defaulting to cheese on pizza, or using butter to cook, or putting cow's milk in nearly everything. But I do miss daily 2% lattes. And I'm skeptical about all the "milk alternatives," as they seem even more highly processed than regular milk. And I noticed that I actually did have a craving for meat after about two weeks, which tells me my body genuinely wanted some animal protein. I doubt I consumed any fewer calories from sugar, just choosing very dark chocolate and dried mangoes over semi-sweet chocolate chips and some form of candy. I didn't lose any discernible weight, and I'm skeptical whether we really ate any more veggies than we did before. Overall, worthwhile experiment, no definitive results, some nice habits to integrate back to our "old way" of eating.

Ratings Over Time:

Alex:
Energy Level = 4, 7, 5, 7
Sleep Quality = 7, 4, 6, 5
Exercise =1, 4, 4, 4
Time Management = 7, 7, 7, 8
Adherence to F/K Plan = 0, 9, 4, 7
Ease of F/K Plan = na, 5, 5, 8
Participation in Cooking = 7, 6, 7, 8
Joy of Cooking = 6, 5, 5, 6
Joy from Food = 5, 2, 4, 4
Self Image = 6, 1, 5, 5
"Life Snapshot" = 8, 5, 6, 8

Jo:
Energy Level =  4, 7, 4, 7
Sleep Quality = 7, 7, 6, 7
Exercise = 5, 7, 2, 6
Time Management = 7, 7, 7, 8
Adherence to F/K Plan = 0, 9.5, 6, 7
Ease of F/K Plan = na, 5, 6, 7
Participation in Cooking = 2, 5, 6, 7
Joy of Cooking = 2, 5, 4, 4
Joy from Food = 5, 5, 5, 6
Self Image = 5, 6, 5, 6
"Life Snapshot" = 5, 7, 4, 7

And now Alex is on some kick that he wants to do a "technology fast." Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design