SLIDER

Sunday, June 12, 2011

The 80s Called



Watch out, world. Turns out I CAN knit. The 80s called and they want to hire me to do the entire US Ski Team's winter warming gear. So as you can see on my model above, the knitwear collection includes a marigold cowl and matching marigold headband. The sweater is his own and not included.


Knitting is fun. When you do it right and you have a finished product. God knows what the hell I'm going to do with the cowl/headband, but I'm thinking it might go next to our ski onesies waiting for next season. Then again, maybe I'll actually wear the cowl, since that was the intended purpose. The headband was just an afterthought. A bad one, maybe, but a success no less. Next project: baby gnome hat. Or maybe I should just learn to "purl" since all I've mastered is is the knit stitch.


Best part about new hobby? Perfect excuse to watch Army Wives. That's right, I said it. Who knew there's even a Season 4!?! It brings me never ending joy. And then when people ask what I did all day, I can say "I was knitting." And I don't even have to include that part about watching TV, so people think I'm not a lazy blob who lays on the couch on a perfectly sunny day. Sounds like a win-win sitch to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design