SLIDER

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Babymoon

Soooo, if doggy parenting is anything like human parenting, Alex and I might not be quite as stellar as we've been over-confidently feeling. In other words, we finally planned this little "babymoon" - just a weekend overnight at the McMenamins Grand Lodge in Forest Grove - and we totally failed to plan for what to do with Gizzy. It only occurred to me while sitting at an OHSU lecture yesterday, that we had yet to make plans for the little four-legged beast that relies on us for food, water, and access to the outdoors. And since we were so last minute, I texted my dad, who was out of town. You'd think we'd exhausted our resources or something, but instead we decided just to leave her home alone for 20 hours. Outside. In the rain. Great parenting, right? I guess we'll need an extra kennel for the baby in case we want to get away for a night or two this summer.

We headed out Saturday afternoon for our quick getaway. We played pinball. Alex played pool. "You guys wanna play a 3-way game or what?," he asked a nice couple at the bar. I, on the other hand, napped on our king-sized bed. We soaked. "Does it feel really good to be weightless?," he asked. "Yeah, it feels good. But I'd still rather be in space," I said. Alex drank beer and ate a burger. I scarfed down bread pudding. We watched Mission Impossible 4 at the theater in our slippers. We cuddled in our king size bed. We slept in. Read the Sunday paper. Ate a huge breakfast. Alex drank bloody Mary's. We soaked again. Waxed philosophic about parenting. Then we put on our street clothes and headed back home. (Where I napped again!)

And by the way, Gizzy was totally fine. In fact, when we got home she had a huge smile on her muddy, muddy face. Turns out she made a track around our yard. Seriously. There is now a game trail encircling the grass. Weird little beast. But I love her.

We keep forgetting to ask someone to take a nice picture of the two of us. And I'm officially entering the fat-faced stage, so we used a tripod and timer to take our own. I hate most of the photos, but can't go wrong when my handsome husband kisses me so sweetly.

2 comments:

  1. Joanna!! This picture is soooo sweet. It's a GREAT picture of you (and Alex too) ~ame

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you look amazing here. When Francine is old enough to look at your pregnancy photos she will know instantly how excited you were for her arrival!

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design