SLIDER

Friday, December 5, 2014

(Just Pics) - "Jingle Bells Jingle the Way, Hey Babe!"

We jumped right on that Day-After-Thanksgiving-Buy-Your-Tree-And-Decorate-Your-House bandwagon. And I love it. I'm a sucker for this time of year. I'm sure there's some way to psychoanalyze the fact that there was a period of my pubescent life that I donned my room in holiday decor year-round and listened to Christmas music on repeat. I'm no longer in that phase (thank goodness), but I sure do love filling my December with traditional holiday cheer. And oh my goodness it's even more fun when we get to share it with a toddler!

Elfish model.

The last two years we've been out to Helvetia Christmas Tree Farms to cut down our own tree.

Flamily day.

Sitting with Santa alone, when you're a grown-ass woman, is awkward.

But that's what happens when your daughter is still afraid of the jolly ole man. Because he has a beard. She wouldn't even accept a candy cane from the poor guy. But maybe that bodes well for her future with strangers and not accepting candy. "I don't want to sit on Santa's lap. Maybe when I'm bigger."

Roasting marshmallows by the open fire.

And the hubs built us a "mantel!"

My mom's Christmas decor finally put to use.

Everyone needs a Santa hat.

Return of the advent - a la Beebee.

Best little present is already under the tree.

Our very own Clark Griswald installed the lights a little bit backward. He was so NOT happy about that. (Maybe next time put the beer down? Just saying).

And so our house was only partially lit. And the pumpkins endured their tenure on the porch. #holidaysarehard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design