SLIDER

Monday, March 7, 2016

(Just Pics) - It Takes a Village









Those saying-makers certainly know what they are talking about! It really does take a village. And thank goodness Alex and I have (a pretty small) one to help raise, entertain, spoil and love on our little Bean. Beebee has been out of town (pretending to be a cowboy and shooting guns as his alias, Judge Parker), and daycare has gotten so full they can't manage drop-ins anymore - Shanon to the rescue! I typically hate to ask for help - not because of pride or anything, but I just don't like the idea of inconveniencing others. But I also have some of the most willing and supportive friends, hopefully who would be able to confidently decline my request should they not be available or interested. And Shanon was more than happy to rise to the occasion. In fact, in just a matter of one week, she watched Francie, and three other families of kiddos from our high school D-Group! I admit that I don't know exactly what it is she gets out of it all, but I'll just be comforted by the fact that she seemed genuinely excited to spend the day with my best girl, and they appeared to have just so much fun together, Frozen in French and all. Getting Shanon's picture and video texts while at work made my heart feel so full. Thanks to Shanon this week, and both Dee and Rach in the past - and of course to Mimi and Papa and Beebee - for taking such great care of the Bean. She's a lucky one.




Just add water, and you have snow! Little did Shanon know this fit perfectly with Francie's current Frozen obsession.

Francie told me her favorite part of her day with Shanon was playing outside.

And they had a REAL tea party!

The Bean got early birthday AND early Easter gifts - plus a surprise trip to Fred Meyer where Shanon also bought her the Frozen movie and Elsa/Anna figurines!

With said figurines, that apparently she clutched, white-knuckled, all through the movie. That they watched in French.

1 comment:

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design