SLIDER

Friday, October 21, 2011

Isn't It Ironic?

If God were writing a dramatic play, would all this be a literary move of situational irony? That is, the fact that I recently graduated school as a speech-language pathologist, with a focus on cognitive rehabilitation, and that the day before I am called to start my new job in this field, my very own brother suffers his very own brain injury?

Or maybe I am the cowardly lion from the Wizard of Oz, who actually discovers my bold fearlessness which has been there all along? I'm not so sure Alanis had it right, but if you ask me, this turn of events wreaks of irony.

It's a tough role to wear two hats - that of loving, worried and overprotective sister, and that of clinical speech pathologist. It's also tough to balance the fear, doubt, and anger about the worst case scenario, with the hope, optimism and encouragement necessary for best case scenario.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design