SLIDER

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

17 Weeks


... and Baby is about 5 inches long and 5 ounces, like a turnip.

I officially:
- cannot wear my old jeans without thinking about the fact that I would mentally comment on the inappropriateness if someone else were to sport such a muffin top
- can no longer sleep flat on my belly without feeling like I have a grapefruit-sized growth in my abdomen; oh wait, I do
- prefer the 2nd trimester, where nausea and headaches are a thing of the past; I can put up with the bloody buddies
- cannot lean over the sink to put on my mascara
- have two gears: starving and stuffed

The last two weeks have flown by, for obvious reasons, and it's hard to believe I'm nearly halfway through my pregnancy. Then again, the first four weeks don't count because you don't even know you're pregnant, and the last 20 weeks call for exponential weight gain, probably the accompanying stretch marks, and the pregnancy waddle. None of these things will look good on me. Thank god for a husband who wears Love Goggles.

"I know you think I'm just googley-eyed, but I think you're more beautiful now that you're pregnant," he said to me this afternoon.

"Seriously," he continued. "It's not like you were ugly before, but now you have this glow."

I definitely feel prego now, but still feel like I just look fat. I know, I know, I've been saying that all along. Actually, I've been saying that for years. I'm also realizing how little my abdomen really is. I'm not so sure that there's room for a potato-sized baby in there, let alone a watermelon. Already when I eat, my stomach grows two-fold. It reminds me of what Rachel told me about how Logan's first teeth grew in - he went down for a two-hour nap, all gums, and woke up with two lower front teeth. I think my belly is sorta doing the same thing. I never was good at geometry, but I'm curious how my gut is going to fit my pancreas, bladder, stomach, intestines, liver, ovaries, and enlarging placenta all in the same place. Maybe there just won't be room for me to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design