SLIDER

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cutting a Break

Are you there god? It's me, Joanna.

I was was wondering if you could please throw me a bone.

I've got a lot on my plate these days, and I would like to think I'm actually doing a pretty awesome job at balancing it all. I've kept a good, light-hearted attitude about keeping my head above water with the new job, the pregnancy, buying our first house, my brother's accident and subsequent appointments, and all the financial stress in between. But a broken down car? Really? Leaving Alex stranded on a Sunday evening at the top of a mountain pass in the freezing cold? And then to have AAA deny towing the Suby because apparently my husband isn't on the policy? Really? Haven't I paid the used car gods enough respect?

Thing is, we can't afford much by way of car repairs right now. Not to mention we're still $1800 in the hole for having to rebuild the entire engine in July. I promise to work hard and keep being a supportive and loving wife, sister and daughter. I even promise to (finally) start building a functional savings account to be like a real adult and prepare for when things like this happen. But I was kinda hoping you could give me a little more time.

Also, you have a really strange sense of humor. But thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design