SLIDER

Friday, December 23, 2011

Granny Update

I received a voicemail from my cousin Ted this morning. He said he was calling on behalf of Granny because she "needed to return my phone call." I had thought we said our I-love-yous-and-goodbyes, but was pleased to take the opportunity to speak to her once more. She was more or less incoherent and her speech nearly unintelligible - due in part to being on speaker phone, and in part to her decline and heavily medicated state. The only thing I could make out, which caused me to burst out in laughter, "How much weight have you gained?" Just what every woman, pregnant or not, wants to discuss during the holidays. The creeping number on the scale. Pant size. Failing exercise regimen. WEIGHT.

1 comment:

  1. She asked you because we were just discussing it at the time. I was standing to her right and she wanted to see my profile, and I told her that after my last visit I had gained 11 pounds so far, which she found funny. She was just asking you the same thing.

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design