SLIDER

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Unsolicited

Some old bitch at Craft Warehouse today told me I would make my baby retarded if I jiggle her head like that.

I wanted to punch her in the face and make her retarded.

Instead I retorted politely, "Pardon me?"

She repeated herself, mumbling, walking the opposite direction.

I simply said.,"You don't know what you're talking about. I have a Master's degree in child development. I'm replicating the womb!"

So apparently I bend the truth when I'm angry. I do not, in fact, have a Master's degree in child development. But "communication disorders and sciences" wouldn't pack quite the same punch.

This was my first experience with a stranger commenting on either my pregnancy or child rearing with unsolicited advice (aside from friendly banter such as "When are you due?", or "How old is your baby? Aww.")

I continued to fume at, one, her ignorance, and two, her entitlement. So I went outside and breast-fed my perfectly healthy perfectly happy baby in public. Take that, mama-bashers.

But the worst part? Was that I let her comment make me doubt my own maternal instincts. It made me question whether or not how I was carrying Francie in the Beco might actually be hurting her. What if this lady new something I didn't know?

I mentally kicked that bitch in the vagina and thought, "You're retarded, old hag."

1 comment:

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design