SLIDER

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Weight of the World

I'm carrying the weight of the world on my shoulders. Rather, on my chest. And not so much the weight of the world, but at least 20 pounds. Or so says an old Discover Magazine article about the science behind bras.

After my treadmill workout at the gym this evening, and complaining about the discomfort of running with huge boobs, I got to wondering just how big my chest really is. That, coupled with the fact that I don't feel as fat/heavy as the scale indicates. So I came home and Googled "how much do breasts weigh?"

I found several links to discussion pages where people with really poor grammar and bad spelling offer their insights on the topic. And then I 'discovered' the 2005 magazine article saying that size D boobs weigh between 15 and 33 pounds, "the size of carrying around two small turkeys." Since boobs are mostly comprised of fat, which doesn't weigh as much as muscle or bone, I'm curious how much lactating boobs weigh.

One thing is for sure, I'm going to tell people I weigh "130 pounds, plus boobs."

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya. Is it wishing for too much to hope I can someday scale back to a single sports bra again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I might dread the inevitable ginormous boobs more than I dread the actual act of child birth....I told my husband - the kids can pay for their own college, we're saving up for a boob lift/reduction for mommy when all is said and done!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design